We are making changes to our appointment system
From Monday 4th May Walkley House and Stannington Medical Centres will be making changes to our appointment system.
These changes will be:
- More gp appointments will be available to book in advance
- No more ringing or queuing up at 8am for same day appointments
- Any urgent on the day cases will be triaged over the telephone by a GP
- Staggered appointment release so each day more pre bookable appointments will become available
- Appointments will be available to book up to 3 months in advance
- More services available to book in to via reception and online e.g minor illness nurse, health trainer, physio and pharmacist
- More telephone consultations available
From Monday 4th May anyone wanting a same day appointment will be offered a phone call with our on call GP who will triage the problem.
The doctor will telephone you to discuss your problem and either:
- Arrange for you to come in and be seen
- Arrange an appointment to be seen at a later date
- Give you advice over the telephone
- Offer you an appointment with another healthcare professional e.g
Physio, Health trainer, Minor illness nurse, Pharmacist
After listening to your comments and ideas, we have decided to review our appointment system.
We have made the following changes to improve your access so you can get to see the most appropriate health care professional in the quickest time possible.
You can help us by phoning in the morning for any urgent issues and home visits.
Also, could you please make sure you cancel your appointment if you cannot attend.
Please note that there are appointments available to book online that reception do not have access to.